Sunday, May 12, 2013

Post 8


Women in Filung seem to be at a disadvantage.  From my understanding, they are more susceptible to isolation, for they don’t bring money into the house (typically), which I feel would make them feel useless.  It seems very unfair to me, for men are pictured as the hardworking and classy gender in society.  I think I women would feel left out, and hurt because of this.  It’s something that I don’t think many women would say themselves, because it’s so deeply rooted in their culture that this is the way it goes for men and women in Fuling.  Men have more opportunities when it comes to anything, which I feel would be more than enough for the women in Fuling to feel left out from and hurt by society.   Not only are there societal pressures placed on the women, but economic and social as well.  Because of their natural place in society, they are at a loss, at a disadvantage, and I think it’s unfair to everyone, because women are just as capable to contribute to society as men are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment